New Jersey Wing,
Due to the date change of the 2011 New Jersey Wing Basic Encampment and RCLS, additional applications for cadet staff will be accepted. Any cadet who has completed Basic Encampment is eligible to apply for the positions. Please refer to attachment, "Staff Positions Descriptions 2011," for a complete listing of staff positions available and their descriptions.
Previous late applications must reapply if interested.
There are several steps you will need to take to complete your application.
1. Complete the following application materials and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2359 hrs 2 March 2011. You will also be required to bring a hard copy of your entire application to the review board.
- Application Form (see attachment, "Cadet Staff Application Form")
- Statement of Motivation: must answer the questions, "Why do you want to be a staff member at the 2011 NJWG Basic Encampment and RCLS? What qualifies you for the positions you are applying for?" (typed, 1page, double-spaced)
- Resume, typed, 1 page
- One letter of recommendation by an individual who is not a member of CAP and not a family member
2. Attend the review board at 0900 hrs Saturday 5 March 2011 on Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. You will be notified immediately after the board if you are chosen for cadet staff. If you ARE accepted for a staff position, you will be required to join the rest of the cadet staff for the remainder of Required Staff Training (RST) into Sunday afternoon. If you are not accepted, you may chose to stay the weekend and take part in the leadership training through Sunday afternoon.
A packing list and a request for registration on Eventbrite will be sent to all applicants once we receive your application via email. A fee is charged to cover the cost of meals.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com.
Thank you for your application and we look forward to meeting you.
Sean R. Capiak, 1st Lt, CAP